Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Leftover steak

Hey, we don't eat out all the time. In fact, I have been know to grill a decent steak. Over the July 4th weekend I bought some steaks and volunteered to grill it at a friend of ours. We took home the huge leftover ribeye.

This expensive cut of meat was, well, too expensive to throw away, so we had been planning the last few days to make stir fry out of it. Tonight we executed the plan.

First, we bought raw stir-fry veggies (a couple of days ago) from the local grocery store. Tonight I sliced up the grilled ribeye (medium rare). I then sauteed the veggies in a frying pan with olive oil until they started sweating. Then I threw in the sliced steak, just to heat them up. Remember, they were already cooked. Just before I turned off the heat, I added about a teaspoon or so of soy sauce and a couple of teaspoons of Chinese chili garlic sauce. Serve it with rice. Easy and not so bad for a quick home-cooked meal.

No comments: